NCS is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity open to all 16 & 17 year olds in England, that helps you build your skills for work and life, while you take on new challenges and meet new friends.
The NCS programme runs in Spring, Summer and Autumn. Places are limited so do get in touch today to book for the next available start date.
If you are in Year 11 you can attend our Summer programme. The NCS programme fits in with the school holidays and includes:
- Phase 1- a four night, five day adventure residential.
- Phase 2- a four night, five day long community residential.
- Phase 3- a week to plan your own community project and a week to make a positive change in your community.
- A graduation event (for those that complete the programme).
If you are in Year 12 you can attend our Spring and Autumn programme. This program includes:
- Phase 1- Three night, four day adventure residential
- Phase 2- Three day community work shop
- Phase 3- Plan a positive change in your community
- A graduation event (for those that complete the programme)
- Developing key employability skills including: leadership, project management, problem solving, budgeting, team work, communication, confidence, plus many more!
- Invaluable links to local businesses and apprenticeships helping young people with their first steps into employment and beyond.
- Meet new people who are potentially going to the same college/sixth form
- Meeting new people and learning to work with people from different backgrounds.
- NCS is recognised by UCAS and assists young people write their UCAS personal statements when they apply for university.
- Apprenticeship providers recognise the vast range of transferable skills gained.
- NCS lowers anxiety and boosts confidence & resilience in young people.
- Helps connect young people to their local community through social action projects designed and delivered by the young people themselves.
- Have fun, try new things and do something different.
Terms and Conditions
1. INFORMATION ABOUT US
1.1. References in these Terms and Conditions to “we” or “us” are references to NCS Trust
1.2. You can contact us if you have queries in relation to your booking or for any other reason on the number provided.
2. YOUR BOOKING
2.1. By filling out and signing the Parental Consent Form you are submitting a request to book a place on the National Citizen Service programme with NCS Trust. All requests are subject to acceptance on confirmation of the booking and that payment has been received.
3. IF YOU HAVE TO CANCEL YOUR BOOKING
3.1 To cancel your booking please contact us via email to email@example.com , phone or post explaining that you would like to cancel, and the reasons or circumstances behind your decision. Unfortunately we do not offer refunds.
4. OUR STAFF
4.1. NCS Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expect all staff, volunteers, parents, partner agencies and commissioned services to share this commitment.
4.2. We confirm that all our delivery staff have been subject to Enhanced DBS Criminal Records Checks (DBS) and hold suitable coaching and first aid qualifications.
5.1.The booking form contains certain information and disclaimers which, by signing the form, you accept that in the absence of any negligence on our part, participation in the National Citizen Service programme is at your own risk.
5.2. We have public liability insurance cover of at least £5 million
5.3. We do not accept liability for loss or theft of personal belongings that occurs while on the programme. If your son/daughter brings valuables with them, this will be at your risk.
6.1. We are committed to ensuring the participant has a great experience but if the participant is not entirely happy with their experience please contact the NCS Co-ordinator in the first instance. If your complaint has not been resolved to your satisfaction please contact us using the contact details provided, with full details of the complaint and we will attempt to resolve it as quickly as possible.
7. MEDICAL / DIETARY / OTHER REQUIREMENTS
7.1. If any child included on your sign up form (a) has specific dietary requirements; (b) is taking medication; (c) has allergies; and/or (d) has any special needs that will affect his or her participation in the programme it is your responsibility to inform us of this and provide all necessary details about this at the time of booking.
7.2. We will maintain a register of the participants attending the programme. Please note that participants will be able to leave the non-residential elements without the permission of parent / guardian.
7.3. To ensure the safety of all young people on programme we do communicate with all organisations involved with the young person, including but not permitted to School, CAMHS and social care team. This information will be used to determine a support plan, in rare cases it may be concluded that NCS is not suitable for the young person at this time.
8.1. Participants on the programme will be treated with respect and must treat others including staff and other participants with respect. We reserve the right to refuse to allow the participant to continue attending the programme if our staff deems their behaviour to be unacceptable.
8.2 We have a Code of Conduct to which participants should adhere, a copy of which is supplied in the information pack.
8.3 The suspected possession or consumption of alcohol or any illegal substance whilst on the NCS programme shall constitute unacceptable behaviour and they will be ask to leave the programme.
9. DATA PROTECTION
9.1. When you make a booking we will collect and process the personal information you provide in order to provide the services you have requested and for other specific purposes subject to your consent.
10.1 By completing this sign up form, you agree to your personal data being stored, shared and used by The NCS Trust and the following organisations: any independent body commissioned by the government to run NCS, NCS Providers, other government bodies, strategic partners of NCS or other organisations (including organisations running all or part of NCS in the future).
For the purposes of:
· Contacting you about the participant taking part in NCS.
· Contacting you about taking part in press and communications activity relating to NCS.
· Helping us develop, deliver, and improve our service, content and advertising.
· Internal purposes such as auditing, evaluation, data analysis, preventing or detecting fraud or error, and research to improve our service and customer communications.
11.1. During the course of NCS, activities may be recorded through photographs and video film both for the participants to collate and celebrate their experiences but also for evaluation and promotional purposes by the NCS Trust and partner agencies.
11.2. I agree that the images may be used in media or publicity materials and celebration publications produced by those agencies. These images may be safely stored or archived digitally or manually and may be publicised in a variety of media forms including managed social network sites.
11.3. If you do not wish for the participant to be included in photographs and video materials for promotional purposes, you are required to clearly indicate this on the consent form.
12.1. The sign up form, these terms and the disclaimer set out the whole of the agreement between you and us in relation to the subject matter of this agreement and supersede any prior agreement, understanding or arrangement between us about such subject matter whether oral or in writing.
12.2. This Agreement shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.