Employability Skills Development
This programme focuses on five key areas of study; Self Esteem, Self Efficacy, Aspirations, Life Skills and Ready for Work to enable young people who are at risk of becoming Not in Education, Employment, or Training (NEET) to improve their knowledge and understanding of working environments and increase their awareness of the skills needed to be effective in the workplace.
The Key benefits are:
- Self-awareness – young people should become clear about the skills they need personally to develop and improve.
- Communication – young people should enhance their communication skills allowing them to speak with others in ways that suit the situation.
- Employability skills – young people should be able to effectively search for employment and create the necessary documentation to help secure a job. (CV writing, letters, job applications etc)
- Further education – young people will have the opportunity to develop their digital skills, use a range of IT programs and software, and enhance literacy and numeracy skills as required.
- Work experience – young people will have the opportunity for work experience, voluntary placements, interview skills and technique and mock interviews, all be provided by local businesses.
During the course programme, activities will include:
- Interview techniques
- CV writing
- Communication skills
- IT and digital skills workshops
- Enterprise projects
- Work experience and voluntary placements
On completion of the programme, young people will have been provided with training and support to help them acquire the skills required by employers, which they have been unable to achieve through mainstream education and learning.
Each participant completing the course in full will be presented with an ASDAN certificate for Employability Skills Development and there will be opportunities with local businesses to continue work experience and voluntary placements.
There is no cost to attend the course and there are incentives during the programme to keep our young people engaged.
The course is run across 6-12 week sessions (dependent on location) and is open to 16 – 25 year olds.
To sign up or to request information regarding course availability and start dates contact Joanne Wilkinson, Employability Tutor on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01925 582859 or 07718 565465