This information is correct as of 5th January following guidance received from the National Youth Agency.
Following news of the national lockdown announced on 4th January. We have been in contact with OnSide and the National Youth Agency around what this means for our projects. We are pleased to say that Youth Work has been classed as an essential service and can continue to operate. However, the sector has moved to ‘red readiness level’ which mean we will be making the following changes to our services:
- The Junction Gym will unfortunately be closing to members from Monday 4th January. Online bookings are being suspended and we will release further details once we have additional information regarding reopening.
- Juniors and Seniors Youth Club will be ‘invite only’ with a maximum of 15 young people in the centre per evening. Due to having to reduce the amount of members who are accessing our services, the booking system will be suspended for sessions. We will be contacting young people and parents directly regarding their access to sessions and due to the limit we are placing on numbers, we will be prioritising those who need our services most. We hope to revert back to bookable sessions and open access as soon as it is safe to do so.
- One to one work will continue with those who need it and this includes Buddy Up, mentoring, key working and safeguarding support sessions. Please speak to your relevant WYC contact for further details on how your project might be running.
- Our digital YZatHome offer will continue and be expanded to ensure young people can still receive support from WYC staff and have access to a range of challenges, competitions, activities and discussions. Follow us on social media for more information!
- Our Outreach & Detached Youth Work team will continue to support young people in different areas around Warrington.
Please note, many of our staff are now working from home which means that our office will not be available for meetings and our phone line will not always be staffed. If you have a query that needs answering, please contact email@example.com and your enquiry will be dealt with as soon as possible.