OnSide Warrington Youth Club (WYC) is continuing to adapt so we can support as many young people as possible in the face of social distancing and isolation measures.
At times like this, young people need the support of youth workers and a range of organisations including WYC, now more than ever.
WYC is working closely with Warrington Borough Council, partners and other stakeholders to temporarily reshape the offer to provide integrated services that best meet the needs of young people and the wider community as the situation evolves.
The well-being of young people, staff, families, visitors and the most vulnerable in our society is always our absolute priority.
We will be temporarily pausing the Youth Club based at the Peace Centre from Thursday 19th March 2020 and our open access gym sessions based at the Junction at 3A Buttermarket Street will also pause from Friday 20th March 2020. In place of these sessions we are implementing a number of creative and dynamic solutions to ensure we can continue to support young people within current guidelines around social distancing and isolation.
- Launch a programme of street based work to identify and support those children and young people who are not at home, this will start on Monday 23rd March 2020.
- Continue to run small group sessions with limited numbers and maintain one-to-one sessions with those most in need whilst maintaining a focus on best practice around hygiene.
- Introduce one-to-one phone and online contact for young people needing to speak to a Youth Worker, supporting good emotional health and well-being, and safeguarding vulnerable young people.
- Live stream across social media platforms to increase engagement and create a positive online community for those feeling most isolated.
- WYC is using a range of different approaches to support the area’s most vulnerable young people whilst reducing social isolation for our members.
Please note that the Youth Club at the Peace Centre is not running on Monday – Thursday evenings and we ask children and young people not to travel to the centre. We will update you regularly on how to access services and participate in exciting online sessions.
Our team will stay very close to the detail and are maintaining agile plans so we can respond quickly and appropriately to this highly dynamic situation.
If you’re feeling concerned about the Youth Club closing and how you will manage with a period of social distancing or self-isolation and would like support with this, please get in touch on our main phone number 01925-909660 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you need someone to talk to during this time and you can’t contact anyone at WYC please go to our Need Help section with links to local organisations and apps.
The following website links give support and advice aimed at young people who have questions around the Coronavirus.
Please note that WYC cannot be responsible for the content on 3rd party websites