We had the pleasure of returning to CAFT for their Halloween themed ‘Spooky Book Day’ on 30th October.
Our team took 34 young people from our Buddy Up programme and from our Youth Club who all thoroughly enjoyed it.
Isabelle Rudge, Buddy Up Coordinator talks us through the day; “it began with a very exciting talk, illustration demonstration and book reading from the Curtis Jobling – he is most well-known for his role as Production Designer of Bob the Builder. He read from his book ‘The Wereworld series’ and each young person was presented with an individually signed copy to take home!”
“We then headed to CAFT’s amazing art room and took part in lots of different Halloween themed arts and crafts, some of our young people chalked big designs outside in the courtyard and some managed to fit in a trip to the multi-sensory room before lunch.
“The Spooktacular buffet was a huge hit with the young people and all the CAFT team were in fancy dress too which really added to the fun-factor of the day. It was then time to head to the spooky woods for Halloween games; Pumpkin bowling, feeling inside buckets full of gunge, fake blood and ‘monster brains’. There was time for the young people to meet, stroke and feed the animals; goats, alpacas and donkeys before heading home with a goody bag”
“Thanks again to CAFT for another wonderful jam packed, fun filled day from start to finish, we cannot wait to return!”
Feedback from parents:
- “Thank you and all your team Jack has had a fabulous time, he absolutely loves his book”
- “Sophie had a lovely time today. Sophie enjoyed the “party food” as she calls it and joining in with the games. A great place for Sophie to go, giving her a little independence in a safe place without us parents. Thank you all for making it an enjoyable day”
- “Elliot had a brilliant time today, he’s told me all about holding a chic and walking the sheep. He loves his decorated drinks bottle and he said his favourite part was having his book signed by the real life author. He’s not put the book down yet. Thanks for taking him”
- “Daniel and Charlie had such a great time, they both very excited for their new books signed by the author, also they showed us all the farm animals they really enjoyed watching. Charlie even made a new friend also called Charlie during the trip. Also, lunch was delicious, they told us all the different choices, the staff really looked after them very well”
- “Overall, what a fantastic day trip for them boys today, thank you so much for everything”
To find out more about Buddy Up go to our programme page